Help Desk Service & Technical Project Manager, Continuum Managed Services Cranberry PA 7/2016-2/2017.
- Bullseye Routing. Managed implementation of a routing system to deliver calls to regional teams.
- Help Desk Project Portfolio. Created JIRA schemes & projects, project management artifacts, Confluence spaces and content.
Sr. Systems Analyst EQT Corporation Pittsburgh PA 1/2012-7/2015.
Administered assyst, the company’s enterprise IT service management (ITSM) tool.
- Email Notifications upgrade. Managed customizations to assyst’s incident management email notifications. Analyzed email template content, redesigned communications to better meet stakeholder requirements, and managed Outlook template consolidation (see Awards).
- New Hire Process. Implemented a variety of automations to ensure accurate information exchange throughout EQT corporation’s most expensive help desk service.
- Mobile Asset management. Designed integration between ticketing, independent asset management, and billing systems for mobile devices
- Data Warehouse and reporting. Analyzed reporting requirements, managed creation of a data warehouse to increase reporting capabilities, developed updated reporting.
- Major version upgrade. Managed implementation of ticketing system system upgrade that impacted 7000 employees.
- Active Directory Upgrade. Assessed impacts and coordinated information sharing between stakeholders during Active Directory upgrade.
- Emergency Change Process. Prototyped multiple improvements to emergency change management.
- Service Catalog. Analyzed stakeholder requirements, then designed and prototyped multiple improvements to IT service catalog.
Certification: ITIL 3 July 2013 (HDI)
Continuing Education: Cognos Reporting, SQL Server 2012 (familiar with SQL 2005-2012), BIRT reporting
Awards: Winner, Excellence in the Cloud, Axios N. American User Group, January 2014. Winner, EQT Innovation Challenge, August 2014. Finalist, EQT IT Innovation Dash, July 2015.
Consultant SDLC Partners Monroeville PA 7/2006 – 12/2011.
2 Engagements: Highmark Web Operations and Strategy (2011) Highmark Legacy Modernization Program (2006-2010)
Web Operations: Projects for 2011 included new Direct Pay Experience and Value-based Benefits (included redesign of Member landing page for Highmark customers)
- Axure admin: Added interactivity to prototypes. Handled issues related to prototype size and complexity (example: worked with internal resources to enable a separate publishing space for prototypes). Managed migration of staff to current version of Axure, developed process recommendations (examples: how-to publish prototypes, using tool to create content and development specifications). Packaged Value-based prototype content for handoff to Section 504 vendor.
- Usability Test Design & Execution: Wrote test scenarios, wrote and conducted usability tests, reported findings.
- Content Coordinator: Created content specifications and met regularly with developers to handle issues related to content as they came up in coding.
Business Analyst, Business Integration Liaison, Legacy Modernization Program
- Business Analysis Consulting: Addressed a need for requirements auditing at the request of PMO Governance. Enhanced querying in Reqpro, developed reporting, and delivered compliance recommendations to individual project BAs as needed. Served as Audit Liaison for program domain, assessing project team compliance and offering recommendations. Provided Level 2 support for ReqPro and served as Rational Tools Team liaison for the program.
- Business Integration Needs Analysis: Defined future state business processes and wrote detailed before-and-after task analysis of impacted users for quarterly releases. Worked w/ Organizational Change Management to define all specific impacts to staffing, job descriptions and functional system permissions. Developed deployment readiness plans, delivered related training, documentation and communication. Developer of team Sharepoint sites.
- Authored Field Communications: Worked with cross-project teams and business owners to articulate an end-to-end proof of concept demonstration to impacted areas (business owners, project team BAs, developers and downstream system owners). Wrote, produced and narrated series of e-learning presentations that included explanation and demonstration of changes, developed Sharepoint site with supporting materials and frequently asked questions.
- Release Management: Reviewed multiple years of corporate release information of impacted areas, developed running list of impacts and development estimates to inform program directors as they created change requests.
- Defect Coordination: Adapted current defect management process for a project team beginning to work with an offshore development center. Defined process changes for team, managed communications and tasks between business analysts, developers, and the Testing Center.
- General support for IT project teams as needed during early program stages, for example, prototyped a web-based interface to a Claims Choreographer application, designed and conducted usability testing, developed analysis tools in MS-Access, wrote use cases, analyzed code.
Web Content Specialist
Education Management Corporation Pittsburgh PA 5/2004 – 7/2006
- WebEx Administrator: Administered web conferencing system (WebEx). Managed system upgrades in a Citrix environment, marketed system, provided training and produced wide variety of events.
- LMS Administrator: Wrote content and managed all aspects of system enhancements (requirements, testing, deployment) for proprietary web-based LMS. Administered and evaluated e-learning subscription systems (Mindleaders, Macromedia U./ElementK, Lynda.com, New Horizons). Marketed e-learning to faculty and staff by producing monthly podcasts.
- Corporate Learning and Development Program Contributor: Wrote and delivered instructor-led training on miscellaneous topics (IT security, record retention, MS-Office applications, effective web conferencing, and special procedures) for employees.
- Business Systems Instruction Consulting: Wrote, edited and published training materials, operations manuals, e-learning, developed learning assessments and performed overall evaluation of training as part of the implementation of CampusVue (proprietary system) at 75 campuses. Mentored 5 training specialists.
Alcoa North America Data Center New Kensington, PA 11/2003 – 3/2004
- Conducted cost/benefit analysis and developed a project plan in support of increased web conferencing among approximately 30,000 users in North America.
- Managed change with over 200 IT site contacts and business unit directors, responding to their web conferencing implementation issues.
- Wrote and delivered help desk training, created paper and online brochures, end-user documentation, and a technical support guide for web conferencing software.
Senior Technical Writer
Management Science Associates Pittsburgh, PA 11/2000 – 10/2003
- Wrote online help, training manuals, quick-reference cards, release notes and system updates for enterprise applications (Gabriel, EDI Coordinator).
- Maintained secure client extranet.
- Appointed and served from 2001-2003 as member of UI Standards committee.
- Planned, wrote, and delivered internal onboarding course and on-site client training for Gabriel (proprietary enterprise application).
Training/Technical Writing Manager
Optiron Corporation Pittsburgh, PA 5/1999 – 11/2000
- Wrote online help, websites, training manuals, technical specifications and proposals for enterprise utility billing software (Readi System). Supervised 3 technical writers and a graphic designer.
- Wrote and delivered sales demonstrations, and provided sales training.
- Planned, wrote, delivered, and managed on-site training for clients.
Instructor and Project Lead
Catapult (IBM Learning Services) Pittsburgh, PA 3/1997 – 5/1999
- Provided instructor led training for proprietary and off-the-shelf software applications, project management techniques, and web development. Wrote custom training lessons as needed.
- Provided floor support, help desk assistance, and client assessment as needed.
- Certified as an MCP (Windows 95). Instructor of the Quarter Award, 1999
Project Lead, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Developed and delivered custom training for a proprietary system (Ctext) that extended Quark Express and Word. Provided training, floor support and production assistance for 8 departments.
Project Lead, Liberty Mutual
Delivered custom system conversion training and remote user training for Risk Management, Legal Services, and Loss Prevention divisions in Pennsylvania, Ohio and upstate New York.
Team Instructor, Giant Eagle Stores
Developed Peoplesoft training materials, wrote custom training and provided help desk support for system conversion to Peoplesoft in 140 stores.
BA American Government University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA
- Masters’ student, Center for Public Administration & Policy
- Graduate Intern, Portland Housing Authority, Bureau of Housing and Community Development, Portland OR
• 2005-2006: Courses in Information Architecture, Instructional Design, Interactive Media Design, Art Institute of Pittsburgh
• 2005: Project Management Professional certification course, Project Management Institute, Pittsburgh
• 1998-1999: Web fundamentals and server-side programming, Westlake Solutions
• American Society for Training and Development
• Pittsburgh Caregivers Support Network (2009 board member)
• Explorers Club of Pittsburgh (2010 board member)
• 1999 – 2004 Society for Technical Communication
• 1999 – 2002 Pittsburgh Internet Developers’ Association
• 2000, 2001 Winwriters’ Online Help
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Instructional design, user experience design, rapid prototyping, usability research, statistical process control techniques (TQM, Six Sigma), business process modeling, technical communication, and project management methodologies (PMI certified).
Expertise in MS Office, including Visio, Sharepoint and Project. Range of experience with Captivate, Snagit, Camtasia, RoboDemo, Flash, Quark Express, Dreamweaver, Pagemaker, InDesign, Fullshot, PaintShopPro, Acrobat, Framemaker, Photoshop, eProject, ReqPro, Websphere Business Modeler, ClearQuest, ClearCase, Axure, HTML, Crystal Reports, Cognos, SQL Server Reporting Services & Management Studio, assystNET and assystWEB.